SSK Aluminum USB 3.1 to M.2 NGFF SSD Enclosure Adapter, External SATA Based M.2 Solid State Hard Drive Enclosure (SATA Based)

  • 【Applicable SSD】– This M.2 SSD Enclosure supports SATA-based M.2/NGFF(B Key&B+M Key) SSD 2242 2260 2280mm solid state drivers, Not supports NVMe/PCIe M.2 M Key SSD;
  • 【Type C interface】- Both side can be inserted; USB 3.1 Gen 1 5Gbps high speed transmission,Type c Adapter meets all of your type c computer and mobile needs
  • 【Aluminum Alloy Shell】- Adopts aluminum alloy shell, slim design, durable and excellent heat dissipation, be portable and easy to carry;
  • 【Blue Indicator】- Blue Indicator shows the data transfer status, easy and clear;
  • 【High Quality Master Chip】- Adopts high performance controller IC, compatible Multi OS, Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10/ Linux/ MAC.

I had a 500gb mx500 from my old rig while I need a massive and quick storage device (random read speed specifically) to transfer files between my Macbook and PC. I do have an HDD portable drive but it always took me quite some time to move and sort a large number of small files. Then, I found this enclosure for a fraction of the cost of those big-name ones, so it's definitely worth trying. I had my hopes quite low until I opened its package. A unibody aluminum chassis which is thick enough to work as a heatsink and a type-C interface. You can't go wrong with this one. I put a thin thermal pad in between my SSD and the enclosure, ran a bunch of benchmarks, and dumped 100gb of files in this portable drive I assembled. It felt warm to the touch, which is great BTW and here is a diskmark result attached. What else can I say? This thing is great with such a low price tag. If you did not see my updates on durability issues, then this enclosure might be the best bang for the bucks SATA m.2 enclosure you can find.

I needed to transfer data from my dead laptop's hard drive to a different computer (laptop running Windows 8.1 Pro, new computer Windows 10 Pro). This was an inexpensive solution. After transferring data I formated the laptop drive and now I have a nice 128 GB portable drive. The quality looks good to me. Installing the drive was easy. There are a series of plastic snap tabs that hold various length drives in place. The snap tabs for shorter drives get in the way when installing longer drives. I broke off the one that was in my way. So if you need an enclosure that will be used with different length drives this one might not be the best choice. I had a few challenges along the way. The first was caused by operator error-failure to insert the drive fully into the slot. Once that was fixed my computer recognized the new drive right away. Then it turned out that my drive was encrypted. A little search on Google helped me find the encryption key which fortunately had been uploaded to my One Drive account. Neither of these had anything to do with the function of the new drive. When they were fixed it worked great.

Was super easy to setup and use. Matches my aluminum laptop perfectly...

This was exactly what I needed to allow me to increase the size of my SSD on my laptop and now it has the old drive from the laptop in a very easy to use, instant portable drive. Thanks!

The case was slim and the aluminum help my M.2 stay cool. Works great for the Xbox as an external storage and its blazing fast.

Product works but it may either copy to fast or may have been my ssd. I was sending information (pictures and documents) to my external device and it copied less than 20 seconds. I put it onto another computer and it didn't read. I sent the external device back because I wasn't sure if it was the device or my ssd. May purchase at a later point in time or different brand. Also we didn't receive the right cable with ours. we was send a sata 3.1c to female regular size usb? not sure if that was suppose to come with it but it may have been the cable issue. We had to convert usb female to standard usb size port if order for the device to pull up.

Arrived with no screw to attach the M.2 to the device. Returned for a replacement and the same thing. The must have a QA packaging problem. Update: Moving to 5 stars for customer support and identifying the root cause of the problem, which they are fixing. So wanted to make sure to provide change in status. Better construction than the several other models I tried since the initial review. in essence was giving up on finding a NGFF M.2 USB adaptor. Now I have one....

- worked with my SATA M.2 drive. That is b+m key - make sure you have the right drive for this. My fault I had to return some of these as I had the wrong enclosure - fast data throughput but It can only go as fast as sata speeds so don’t expect nvme transfers - device was recognized by both Windows 10 and Mac OS. Make sure you format the drive - easy installation of the drive onto the enclosure - the board does not shake inside the enclosure like others I’ve bought - has usb-c to usb cable only

I bought this enclosure so that I can move some files over from my old drive to the new drive I wanted to install. Taking the m.2 slot out was easy, there are latches you press down then just pull out. Placing the m.2 sata drive is somewhat of a pain mainly because it stays in place by a clip at the end of the m.2 placement and sometimes I feel like I might break the enclosure when I have to install my sata drive. This enclosure ONLY supports Sata M.2 drives, so any nvme drive will NOT work.

Comments